Skip to main content

Molong #33



1. Bank Street, the main street of Molong
2. Heritage railway station now the local library
3. Grain silo by railway line
4. Gelato factory
5, Poplars in Autumn

Heritage buildings line the main street of Molong, a town actively serving the local community within this rich farming district for wheat, sheep, wool, cattle, orchards and wineries.

Like most of the region the railway arrived in the 1890s but the station is today closed and used for the local library. And also typical of the region a grain silo stands beside the railway line.

The many poplars make Molong picture perfect in Autumn but it is a great spot to visit at any time of year.  On a hot day visit the local gelato factory where local fruit is turned into tasty sauces.


Comments

  1. I get a shiver up my spin when I see a silo beside a railway track. So symbolic of country town Australia.

    Stop me if I've told you this: once, when driving with my ex, across the Nullabor, we played 'Eye Spy' to while away the miles. He stumped me with CTS, which was 'country town symbol'.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment